Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port 80 open without WebServer

From: Hemil <hemil () net-square com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:40:58 +0530

Hi,
I saw everyone suggesting to use telnet, but u can always use nc(netcat) to determine whether port is listening or not. If you find web server is running and u want to determine which server is running you can use httprint from net-square. It will decide which web server is running. For further information on httprint plz look at http://net-square.com/httprint/

Cheers,
---Hemil
[Net-Square]

Paulo wrote:

Hi,

I runned the Nessus on a Redhat/Conectiva 9 and i
received the alert:

Security Note: Port: www-http (80/tcp).

I don't runnig http server (apache) and in netstat
-anp don't show port 80. I run also chkrootkit and it
detect nothing. I run clamav and it detect nothing
too.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks