Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port 80 open without WebServer

From: "Ivan Coric" <ivan.coric () workcoverqld com au>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:58:17 +1000

Paulo,
run "netstat -tna" will show you all the tcp listeners.

download and install lsof
http://freshmeat.net/projects/lsof/

then run "lsof -i" will show you all the processes for udp and tcp.

cheers
Ivan

Ivan Coric, CISSP
IT Technical Security Officer
Information Technology
WorkCover Queensland
Ph: (07) 30066414 Fax: (07) 30066424
Email: ivan.coric () workcoverqld com au

Paulo <listassec () yahoo com> 06/30/04 09:24pm >>>
Hi,

I runned the Nessus on a Redhat/Conectiva 9 and i
received the alert:

Security Note: Port: www-http (80/tcp).

I don't runnig http server (apache) and in netstat
-anp don't show port 80. I run also chkrootkit and it
detect nothing. I run clamav and it detect nothing
too.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are
guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the
art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover Queensland. The contents of this message are to be used
for the intended purpose only and are to be kept confidential at all times.
This message may contain privileged information directed only to the intended addressee/s. Accidental receipt of this
information should be deleted promptly and the sender notified.
This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.