Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Comcast Cable Setup Security Issue

From: "Herman F. Ebeling Jr." <hfebelingjr () lycos com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:22:12 -0500

Thomas,

     That's what I did when I "set-up" my laptop for Road Runner.
The only differance being that I wasn't given the option of doing a
self-install of the hardware.  And I just read somewhere that Road
Runner is still handing out copies of a vulerable version of IE, so I
guess it's a good thing that most of us know that we don't need
either "instalation CDs" to get on-line with a cable modem.  As I
have an RCA broadband modem and I didn't run that CD either.

Herman