Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Dumb question abt. Wireless WEP security

From: Giraldo Alonso Suárez <giraldo.alonso () cigb edu cu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:33:24 -0500

Hi,
All the answers that I read about this topic are true.
I really want to response about the minor time to deride WEP. OK, all the ways spoke above to me message are fine but I
think that exist a few time to do spoofing thanks to WEP weak. appropriate to one physical address of the wireless
network and supplant identity (spoofing?).

WEP work in layer 3 and the physical address are in layer 2. Thereby with a sniff for a very short time the insider may
catch and use a real address of the wireless network and inject traffic, or use the network to another tasks for
example.

I think that this is the way to obtain minor time to hack WEP.

Thanks