Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Catching Firewall?

From: Peter Koinange <pkoinange () swiftkenya com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:45:21 +0300

I am using a product called mailscanner (www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner)
with antivirus software f-prot and we are able to catch the virus. herhaps you
can look into this

Koinange

Quoting Jason Haith <jhaith () genesissys com>:

Was asked to look into maybe putting in a Linux box in front of our mail
server to stop the massive amounts of email attachments we have been
receiving as of late due to 'MyDoom'. We currently have a WG FireBoxII and
software on our Mail Server that is supposed to be catching everything, but
with so much coming in it's missing alot. I was wondering if anyone had any
ideas on some type of solution for this, all input is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Jason Haith
Genesis Systems

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!