Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Secure host newbie

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:46:53 +0100

Hummm... IpTables is not so difficult than that, and neither Apache!! You can have a correct config. of both of them
being a newbie:) And everyone has been a newbie one day!

Quick tools to secure your RH could be Bastille and FWbuilder (www.fwbuilder.org). the first one audits your machine
and offers a basic security of your machine, and the second one is a GUI for IPTables/IPChains/PIX/..., quite a good
tool!