Security Basics mailing list archives

Niche Security Market

From: "Nestor Cabrera" <nestorlcabrera () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:23:57 -0400

Hello all,

I'm considering opening a security consulting firm specializing in helping secure medical companies and complying with government security regulations (i.e. HIPAA). My questions are a) is there considerately enough of a market to mandate such a specialization and b) does anyone have any experience servicing such a niche market and if so are there any best practices, information resources, etc. that can help me create a plan that is comprehensive enough for medical practitioners to understand the benefits of securing their systems. Ideally I plan to target small to medium sized institutions that don't staff full time IT personnel. Many thanks to your replies.

Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963