Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: rpm deployment

From: "Robert P. McKenzie" <rmckenzi () rpmdp com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:30:15 +0100

zidan wrote:

hello,

I have redhat machines distributed in various sites.
I wish to update these machines automatically, however I don't want to
open these boxes internet access to rhn up2date.

is there a solution to deploy these packages to all boxes ?

We have been using a proxy server to get the job done.

--
Robert P. McKenzie                 |   GammaRay Technical Services LLC
rmckenzi () rpmdp com                 |             rob () gammaray-tech com

Captus Networks Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster? - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm