Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: protect MS Windows 95/98/Me

From: Jimi Thompson <jimit () myrealbox com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:16:26 -0500

We have a computing lab that it basically open to the public (i.e. student population) and we use a product called "DeepFreeze".

You can get it here - http://www.deepfreezeusa.com/

Basically, you end users can do anything they want to the machine including format the hard drive ....UNTIIL they reboot in which case it is all back like you wanted.

That might be a bit more draconian than the solution you were looking for, but then again, it might not. Now that 98 is EOL'd, what they are going to do - run Windows Update????

HTH,

Jimi