Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Certs

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:30:27 -0400

I do not doubt that it is the norm.  Unfortunately, do to pre-screening,
the chances are good that most will never SEE the ones without the
oft-required certification so that they may show you "what skills they
have and what kind of attitude they have.

Jim

"Steve W. Manzuik" wrote:

I personally don't hold a lot of value in any of the certs and when hiring
people I couldn't care less what letters are behind their name but what
skills they have and what kind of attitude they have.  Although I highly
doubt this is the norm..

-S