Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ISA server

From: "Steven A. Fletcher" <sfletcher () bcsc com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:28:11 -0600

As a firewall, I have found ISA server to be more trouble than it's worth.  I recommended it to one client, but then
discovered when I was installing it that you cannot configure static NAT's.  Apparently, it breaks the static NAT
ability that is built into Windows 2000 server.  As a proxy, it appears to work fine.

Steve Fletcher, A+, MCP, MCSE (NT 4), Master ASE, CCNA, CCA
Senior Network Engineer
BCSC Technology Solutions
(309)664-8162
sfletcher () bcsc com