Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Teleworking

From: Charles Mitchell <charles () research datalocate net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:42:03 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Gunn, Jeff wrote:

but I know our telecom guys were happier with it for external access
than a traditional VPN because it's really more of a reverse proxy than a
real VPN solution, so it can be more secure.

Will you explain in more detail what you mean by 'reverse proxy' in this
situation & the advantages/disadvantages in security over traditional VPN
technologies ?

--
Thanks in advance

Charles Mitchell
datalocate.net

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027