Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Teleworking

From: teemu schaabl <teemu () lynix net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:45:35 +0100

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:39:44 +0000
"David Lanagan" <DLanagan () sterlinginsurancegroup com> wrote:
I'm about to embark on a teleworking project and would like to ask you guys the following...

I was going to be using Cisco-based 3des VPNs out to clients who will use the vpn client s/w loaded on their
machines, an adsl connection and citrix for a remote desktop.

I was going to employ a securID or similar box to provide additional security.

Could anyone out there recommend any other options?  I want the connection to be very secure and allow for a
concurrent usage of up to 50 clients coming in at any one time.

I would recommend Phion - an encapsulated ipsec based vpn; very
easy deployment (if you kno what you´re doing), client software
also includes a stateful firewall (which is also controlable via
a central management);

for further informations check out http://www.phion.com

regards
teemu

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027