Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Telnet vs PcAnywhere

From: "Michael Parker" <mparker () rim net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:09:51 -0500

Hi Igor,

In defense of the people posting in this newsgroup...you are being a bit
judgmentmental in regards to your last point.  First, keep in mind that
this is a "SECURITY BASICS" newsgroup...not a "SECURITY PROFESSIONALS"
newsgroup.  You shouldn't make assumptions about the people who post
here as it is a forum for people of all levels of expertise.  Second,
you also don't have any idea what other research this person is doing
when they post a question such as this one...perhaps they have already
"Googled" and read the specs and are now looking for further
information...rememeber the addage about making assumptions :)

I'm Canadian...to match your .25 cents, here's my 0.365765 cents.

Cheers,
Michael