Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ghostly mail ports

From: "KEvin" <kevin () hatry com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:18:55 +0100

Hi

i read a similar problem in a newsgroup some days ago, it seems that the
person who posted it had a firewall/virus scanner (norton i think) and that
the virus scanner was watching incoming (and departing) mail, thus waiting
on the ports 25 and 110.

Have you tried tcpview from sysinternal ? it's a good utility that could be
helpful to determine what application is listening ...

KEvin