Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing NT4 Server Websites

From: "Rosado, Rafael (Rafael)" <rarosado () lucent com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:34:19 -0700

Simon,

You might also want to consider downloading and running the "freebie" tools
from the Center for Internet Security (CIS)  against the NT/2000 Servers to
ensure these are hardened (http://www.cisecurity.org).  Other "freebie"
tools to consider are the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MSBA -
http://www.microsoft.com) and Nessus (http://www.nessus.org).

Good Luck!

Rafael Rosado, CISSP, CISA
IT Security Manager
Caribbean and Latin America Region (CALA) &
Global Risk Assessment and Penetration Testing
Lucent Technologies O
Corporate Security
Business Assurance and Risk Mitigation Services (B.A.R.M.S.)
2400 SW 145th Avenue - Room 3S039
Miramar, Florida 33027
+1 954-885-2176 (voice) *
+1 954-885-3861 (fax) *
+1 954-648-3532 (mobile) or 9546483532 () mobile att net (text message) *
rarosado () lucent com (email) *

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to Lucent
Technologies, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action
in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.