Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Securing NT4 Server Websites

From: "David M. Fetter" <dfetter () setec-astronomy biz>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:22:21 -0800

Try http://nsa2.www.conxion.com/.

Simon Taplin wrote:
Can somebody give me some suggestions for websites/pages for securing a Win
NT4 server which will be acting as a file server only. I would use Win2k but
Win2K and the m/b don't work together for some or another reason.

I will already be installing SP6a + hotfixes and making sure that IIS is not
running, but what else?

Thanks
Simon

Quote of the day:
Systems Administration is the kind of job that nobody notices if you're
doing it well. People only take notice of their systems when they're not
working.
---

This email has been scanned by AVG Anti-Virus

--
David M. Fetter (MegaSurge) - http://www.setec-astronomy.biz/

"The world is full of power and energy and a person can go far by just skimming off a tiny bit of it." Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash