Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Suggestions Needed

From: "Brent Gardner" <bgardner () iprocorp com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:54:32 -0700

I would recommend a stripped-down OS that lets you build up to what you need
rather than try to strip down a standard *nix distro.  There's too much you
might miss these days.

I like the Linux Embedded Application Firewall, available at
leaf.sourceforge.net.  Distros are available that include a 2.4.x kernel
with iptables.  Most distros will boot from a floppy and run in a ramdrive,
so you can try them without overwriting the drive in your spare PC.

Brent Gardner
Network Administrator
IPRO Tech, Inc.
www.iprocorp.com