Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Suggestions Needed

From: "DeNoyer, Rick" <rdenoyer () Salinas gannett com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:47:21 -0800

I was in your shoes.
Install FreeBSD and configure it for NAT and IPFW.  There are How-to's out there on configuring the kernel and such.
It's free and seems to work pretty good.  A friend of mine showed me that it's easiest to let IPFW run its natural
course and then clear those rules and run your own with a simple script in rc.local.  I'm sure there will be more
elaborate suggestions than this.  Good Luck.

-Rick DeNoyer