Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote access solution

From: "Michael Whang" <michael.whang () computer org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:26:35 -0700

VNC is a great tool for remote administration, if you know its strengths
and weaknesses.  Unfortunately, not every company has unlimited IT
resources available to implement the best remote admin tools...not
mention the usual hassle of getting your manager's approval for
purchases.  Just saying a product stinks with no explanation doesn't
have any merit.  As Chris suggested, VNC through a VPN or SSH will
satisfy most security worries.