Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote access solution

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:09:38 -0800

From: Orlando J. Cano [mailto:ojcano () scif com]
I have recently been assigned to join efforts with our Network group in
coming up with a secure  remote access solution for our Network. This
will involve accessing servers in our DMZ. I was wondering if this
securityfocus community could elaborate on how secure VNC, Freevision or
Terminal Services are or better yet recommend another solution.

SSH & VNC, wrap that in a VPN if you have sufficient time/money, and paranoia.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Linux and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate its complexity until I figure out how something works, then I love its power."