Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Survey: Chat and IM

From: Fred Hoot <FredH () elibrium com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:53:50 -0800

Hi Tony,

We have outlawed all instant messaging products and purchased a private
messaging software (Active Messenger).  It is internal and can be accessed
via our VPN connections between offices.

People bitched, but with top management support, we were able to follow
through.  It IS interesting that we received this support immediately after
someone executed an attachment they received via AIM and hosed their system.

Fred Hoot

Dir., Information Systems & Automation
Elibrium, Inc.