Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Survey: Chat and IM

From: Todd Plesco <tod () megachump com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:53:38 -0500

Here is a good article from Security Strategies:
http://esj.com/columns/print.asp?EditorialsID=116

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:56:25PM -0800, ONEILL David J wrote:
Good Luck ...  We got shot down in Flames, no matter how we packaged it.

David J. O'Neill
NEDSS - IS7
Parkway Bldg., 2nd Floor
Phone: (503) 378-2101 ext. 364
FAX:     (503) 378-2102

tony572001 () hotmail com 11/25/02 01:48PM >>>

Hi,

We currently are allowing web based chat and instant messaging.  I know that
there are lots of security issues involved with its usage.  The IT folks are
telling me that it is a common practice in the industry.  I have a hard time
believing this and this is one battle I would like to take on.

--
Todd Plesco
tod () megachump com