Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Locking Cisco Router

From: Kevin Jones <KJones () tcloud com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:05:04 -0800

The point was made by the original person to post on this is that they have
performed a service for someone involving the configuration of a Cisco
router.  They're intent from what I read out of their second post is that
they would like to "unconfigure" the router and lock the owner out until the
monies owed are paid.  I believe the question has been answered by this
point.

To the fellow with the original post, your only real option is legal action
at this point.  No need to get a bad reputation by doing a "write erase",
"save config", "copy run start" and then a "reload".  Depending on the
amount owed, you'd have to decide what is an "acceptable loss" on this one.

Regards,
Kevin