Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Locking Cisco Router

From: "Christian Freas" <ChrisF () fairbankscapital com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:57:05 -0500

This is a common issue and Cisco routers are no different than anything
else. If you have physical access you own the box.
Whether you have the skill to reset the password is a separate issue,
but all of the info necessary to do it is on the Cisco website. They
have a published password recovery plan. You need a console, and access
to the box. Short of epoxying the console port closed, there is no way
to prevent this.