Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Biometric question

From: "Vince Hillier" <vdh () plutonium homeunix com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:18:01 -0800

I used to work for a company that deployed a palm scanner for a time clock, the palm scanner had little pegs that fit
between your fingers to make sure you had you hand in the same place all the time, you still got denied once in a
while, but it was much less.  It was a big PITA when you got denied 3 times, you had to goto management, get them to
come to the scanner, enter their codes, then try again.

Perhaps thumb scanners could implement the same sort of thing, but instead of pegs, use a little gadget that holds the
rest of your hand in place, to decrease the chances of denied logins.