Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Biometric Question

From: "Cage Uber" <cageuber () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 21:23:29 +0000

Before using biometrics, you could consider a dongle aproach, if the dongle's is compromised, you buy a new one. If the database containing the biometric "keys" is compromised, all people in that system are forever compromised. I for one would refuse as a user to have biometrics in place I would demand a different solution, perhaps even changing companies. Those interested should check out the research from china posted on this list a few months ago about compromising biometrics and how relatively cheap it is.
Black Hat's do exist, one is probably working for you.

Asking the question Can A God Evolve