Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Biometric question

From: Noah Salzman <nsalzman () ncircle com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:59:19 -0800

According to one CISSP study guide...

The most accepted (for users) forms of biometric devices are these, with number one being the most accepted:

Iris Scan (don't need to get as close to the device as a retina scan)
Keystroke dynamics
Signature dynamics
Voice verification
Facial Recognition
Fingerprint
Palm scan
Hand geometry
Retina pattern

And now ordered by effectiveness (as measured by accuracy), with number one being the most accurate:

Palm scan
Hand geometry
Iris scan
Retina pattern