Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Monitored.By.hAcxFtpScan

From: <news () stotan org>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:35:56 -0500

I originally sent this to "James McGee" offlist. But I guess I will post it
here too, incase anyone wants to reference it in the future.

Message
http://hacx.ho2.org/Main.aspx - This is what you are looking for,
<quote>"The main purpose of this site is to allow quick locating/searching
of files/directories througout the ftps people are publishing every single
minute. This mechanism is done simply here!" </quote>

http://hacxsearch2.cjb.net/ - it's an IRC Channel

Add info:
Hacx is also the name of a quake(doom maybe?) like game from Banjo:
http://www.drnostromo.com/hacx/index.html

Thank you for shopping with Me, please come again.

------------------------
Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas, sometime after the colonies gained their
independence (Tuesday, December 03, 2002 10:42 AM), someone claiming to be:
James McGee <james__mcgee () hotmail com>
Wrote:

I found a un-managed ftp server floating around our network.

I am quite sure the machine itself had not been compromised completely,
but
I found a directory in there with the above name.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers

JM