Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Monitored.By.hAcxFtpScan

From: Krueger Lawrence <Lawrence.Krueger () kohler com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:36:45 -0600

Monitored.By.hAcxFtpScan is a either a website or group that has scanned
that machine and is watching for any illegal software to be distributed on
that computer. Then they post the results so people can download the
software from that machine. If you need that ftp server running make sure
you turn off anynonmous uploading . If an ftp server is not needed on that
machine make sure you turn off any unneeded services and update the machine
with the latest fixes.

LK