Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Webmail authentication

From: "mike ryan" <mike () bitdamaged com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:47:16 -0800

Depends on the type of authentication however if it's a web form you can use
some sort of randomization in the form name fields

<input type="password" name="pass5687784493">

The password caching mechanisms are based on the name of the field on the
page so changing out the name of the form field dynamically should work
though it may take a bit more code on the other side.

- mike