Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Webmail authentication

From: <wbjw () mindspring com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:53:15 -0500

Can you talk them into using two factor authentication mechanisms such as
SecureID/ACE or perhaps use PKI?  If portability is an issue, RSA has modules
that will allow you to dynamically and securely authenticate from anywhere
using SecureID and a ACE server.  You can also store digital certs on a token
from Rainbow or other (USB so no reader necessary) and use IIS's support of
PKI and certificate authentication/mapping to your NT accounts.

Passwords will always equal non secure.

Walt

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:28:50 -0800 David Brown <David.Brown () synergex com>