Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Adware, spyware, and trojans

From: "Jill Tovey" <jill.tovey () bigbluedoor com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:46:34 -0000

Carere,

Spyware is adware, it gathers information about your internet usage usually
for marketing / advertising purposes though it can be used to collect
passwords and other information that could be harmful.

The best solution is to get 'adaware' from lavasoft, it will search your
drive and remove it all for you, find it here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/.

Kind Regards,

Jill