Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Modern hw-killing virus feasible

From: Vitaly McLain <twistah () DATASURGE NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:36:05 -0600

On (I think) the Firewall-wizards list, someone recently
claimed they made a localdirector catch fire from the
volume of traffic, and to have pictures.. I don't know I believe
that one.

It's not impossible -- I've heard discussion on this, regarding how old
LocalDirectors had problems that made them heat up and cooling systems
failed. The one you're thinking of supposebly occured at IBM Global, during
Victoria Secret's webcast during the Super Bowl.

Vitaly McLain
twistah () datasurge net
twistah @ OPN & EfNet
"If you don't turn on to politics, politics will turn on you."
       - Ralph Nader