Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Modern hw-killing virus feasible

From: Dom De Vitto <dom () DEVITTO COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:21:23 -0000

Feasible? Yes, depending on hardware that can be made to break itself.
Anyone else remember the BBC micro?
When they brought the first BBC masters, the circiutry had a software
switchable charger for the battery.  Guess what happened if you hit the
register to start the charger, then walk away.....boom. No more computer.

I heard that such a trojan/virus existed (possibly even to thwart
software pirates)...

Aren't there mobos out there that support 'software overclocking'...?
:-)
Dom
  Dom De Vitto                              Secure Technologies Ltd.
  mailto:dom () devitto com                       Mob. +44 7971 589 201
  http://www.devitto.com                       Fax. +44 8700 548 750