Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in outlook 2000

From: Phil.Cox () SYSTEMEXPERTS COM (Phil Cox)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:23:45 -0800

//  I've noticed something odd about outlook lately.  I have multiple
//  mail accounts set up, but of course only one is set to default.  As I
//  understand all of my out going mail should be going through just the
//  default mail account.  But it doesn't.  I've seen it go through just
//  about every account I have.  Seemingly at random too.  Anyone else
//  see this sort of behavior?

I also use Outlook 2K, and have seen this. It only happens to me if I use
ALT-S to send mail. For some reason Outlook 2K does not understand that
this is the signal to send mail through the default account, which I
believe is the way the previous Outlook's worked.

It seems to 'roll' the accounts when you ALT-S and if you hit ENTER it
will send to the one that is currently selected (i.e. default).

I may be missing something here, but also know that in the case of replying to mail, it will use the account that it
was sent to as the sender not the default.

Phil