Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Crashing Win9x with smbclient - But NT & W2K?

From: magusbaal () MINDSPRING COM (Magus Ba'al)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:29:53 -0700

I have tried it on Win2K Professional, Server and Advanced Server and could
NOT get the con/con (or any other for that matter) to crash, blue screen,
affect the system in anyway (such as memory usage, memory usage, response
time, etc.), or at least noticably anyway, I've been testing it for the past
few days and I haven't had to restart the boxes at all.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not
become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes
into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Push and you will find resistance, lead and you will find followers" -
Unknown Author