Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Proxy stuff

From: Dom De Vitto <dom () DEVITTO COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 17:51:56 -0000

Yep, but the data port won't bind to an accessable port, unless the ftp
server is pretty hacked about, and you're using PASV mode.  Still a lot
of work little benefit.  You could use any other transfer protocol that
can be tunneled single TCP port, SSH tunnelers will agree.

Tunneling VNC over and through web proxies has been recently discussed
on the VNC mailing list, with patches.

Of course it gets tricky if the machine you're connecting to isn't
controlled by you, (open old WinGATE boxes, etc. etc.)

TTFN,
Dom