Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Proxy stuff

From: amonotod <amonotod () NETSCAPE NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:46:29 CST

On Wed 12/20/00 12:25 PM, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
I have got a question:
Is there any possibileties of braking usable ports limitation, what i
mean is My company has instaled proxy that will not put me throught any
other port than 80 and 25. Is there still any possibilety of use telnet
ftp (on their own ports) ?

If you're looking to actually circumvent your proxy settings at will, that
will depend on what proxy/firewall/router your company actually uses, and
whether or not there are vulnerabilities associated with them.  You'll have to
supply more info on those items before anyone can say yes or no.

However, if, as other replies have noted, you're just looking to get to one
particular server, there are other methods.  One which no one else has
mentioned however, is using Java or JavaScript through a browser with an HTTP
interface to telnet.  If you'd like to see an example, try this:

http://tfexp.com/twin/INDEX.HTM

I cannot say what the degree of implementation difficulty is.

HTH,
amonotod