Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Securing of systems....

From: "Robert A. Seace" <ras () SLARTIBARTFAST MAGRATHEA COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:05:58 -0400

In the profound words of Snehal Dasari:

The question I'm asking is this:

Is there any document on the net that pertains to securing a linux box used
for commercial purposes?  I've had a look and I cannot see a document of any
use.  There are program specific (ipchains-HOWTO) but they give you the
indepth of it all..I'm sort of looking for a document that covers it at a
higher level.

        Well, SecurityFocus.com (ironically enough) posted a couple such
articles a while back:

http://www.securityfocus.com/focus/linux/articles/linux-securing.html
http://www.securityfocus.com/focus/linux/articles/linux-securing2.html

        There's also the Linux Security HOWTO:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Security-HOWTO.html

        There's also LinuxSecurity.com's Quick Reference card, which is
useful, even though it's an annoying PDF file (or two):

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/articles/documentation_article-1208.html

--
|| Robert A. Seace ||               URL              || ras () magrathea com ||