Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Securing of systems....

From: "J. Oquendo" <intrusion () ENGINEER COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:41:21 -0400

You might wanna look at these two articles one is from myself the next is from Lance Spitzner and both offer excellent
pointers. Theres not going to be a definitive document that I think anyone would be able to point out since it'd be
hard to determine what services you'll be running since you did not mention any. e.g.: LDAP, IPSec, etc...

http://www.antioffline.com/slewbie | mirror @
http://packetstorm.securify.com/papers/unix/Secure.Linux.for.Newbies.v1.1.txt
http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/linux.html

For starters you should find thorough information as well as links and next time you post try to be more thorough on
exactly what services you intend to run e.g.: SSH, SSL, FTP.