Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Securing of systems....

From: vamp <allgood () PHYSICS UCSC EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:20:51 -0700

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Snehal Dasari wrote:

The question I'm asking is this:

Is there any document on the net that pertains to securing a linux box used
for commercial purposes?  I've had a look and I cannot see a document of any
use.  There are program specific (ipchains-HOWTO) but they give you the
indepth of it all..I'm sort of looking for a document that covers it at a
higher level.

Trinity OS
(http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html) is a great
reference for securing linux and the documents are at a fairly high
level.  But, pardon me if I say this, if you are going to be responsible
for these machines you should really know this stuff at a lower level (my
2 cents)!

--

                                                ^o^  Vampire  ^o^
                                            ^o^

       Censorship rests on the child's delusion that
                   "If I shut my eyes so I can't see it, it isn't there".

email: allgood () physics ucsc edu                 Tele: (1) 831-251-0667
web:   http://physics.ucsc.edu/~allgood/

snail mail: UCSC, Physics Dept.
            Santa Cruz, CA  95064
            USA