tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: "final" radiotap patch for tcpdump

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms () spc org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:56:21 -0700

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 05:32:12PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
Looks good to me, at least for the top-of-tree (where we require that
the platform support 64-bit integers, and where we define u_int64_t to
be an unsigned 64-bit integer type).

It would be nice if we could get this committed and rolled into the next
tcpdump point release. Currently I'm carrying around a diff in the FreeBSD
ports repo for radiotap support and it would be good to be back in line
with mainline tcpdump/libpcap again.

Is the cpack.c stuff useful, or potentially useful, for anything other
than the radiotap stuff?

My memory is hazy here, but I think that either sam@ or fenner@ said to me
months ago that there was a diff ready to roll which reimplemented the
cpack stuff in terms of EXTRACT*(), but that it was lost in a disk crash...

BMS
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.