tcpdump mailing list archives

"final" radiotap patch for tcpdump

From: David Young <dyoung () pobox com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:13:22 -0500

Here is support for radiotap, an extensible radio capture header for
802.11, in its (hopefully) final form.  I made the diffs from the
CVS HEAD.

The main difference from previous radiotap patches (such as those that
appear in FreeBSD) is that it fixes some alignment problems.

Any objections to my committing this to cvs.tcpdump.org?

(I still hold out the hope that tcpdump can someday provide some alignment
guarantee---radiotap is designed so that if the radiotap header is on
a natural 64-bit boundary, then every field is on its natural boundary.
Also, in radiotap v2, I would like to capture in the native byte-order,
but I haven't figured out how to interpret saved-packet files of different
endianness.)

Dave

--
dyoung () ojctech com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.