Snort mailing list archives

Re: A case of beer on 63.204.135.168

From: spyguy703 <spyguy703 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:34:17 -0800

Ryan, hackers don't want your data (at least not all of them).
Most hackers want your machine to use in DoS or DDoS attacks.
Hackers can use your PC to do things for them. They don't care about your
data, games, or porn.

So protecting you PC should be a concern, even if you only use it for games.
The better the CPU, RAM, HD, and DSL speed, the better the tool you have
given hackers.

Get a firewall, any firewall. Even use the XP built in firewall. Close those
ports, its the least you can do.