Secure Coding mailing list archives

What is the size of this list?

From: floodeen at gmail.com (Rob Floodeen)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:14:32 -0400

Hi SC-L,

I'm a Lurker.  I work for CERT | SEI | CMU and monitor the list in an
attempt to keep an ear to the ground.  While I'm not a professional
programmer I do have an undergrad and graduate degree in CS which
means I've been trained a little about programming.  I'm really
interested in two things with this list,

1.  How do we teach secure coding from a training perspective (I
develop training scenarios for CERT and I'm in the Workforce
Development group, so this is exactly the kind of list that draws my
attention.)

2.  How to incorporate the concept of secure coding and new
techniques/tools to do so.  This should be a minor objective through
our academic curriculum as well.  Just like advanced math skills, we
should have advanced secure coding skills for Software Engineers.

Warm Regards,
-Robert Floodeen