PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Packing for Defcon:Not wanting the TSA to give me a colonoscopy.

From: conrad at 1211.net (CP Constantine)
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 12:23:14 -0400

On 6/6/2010 10:49 AM, Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
Hi All,
3. How about lockpicks and other items?

I've had TSA guys ask me about my picks once or twice, a snarky,
well-directed "I'm a Consulting Security Professional" has had them send
me on my way with a scowl. (since the picks were in my laptop bag at the
time). I'm assuming you don't want to check a bag, since 99% of the
stuff that raises ire through TSA these will go fine in checked luggage.

(It's also worth re-mentioning the extra care and attention (in the good
way!) your checked luggage will get if you check in a firearm with it.
Better locks, special handling, nobody snooping through it without
reason or throwing it 50 feet down a hole..)