Nmap Development mailing list archives

npcap 0.10. r2 disables wlan adapter in Windows 7 64bit

From: Nping User <npinguser () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 17:52:34 +0300

Hi again,

Great work Yang for solving that nping problem. I have another problem tho
which is similar to Mikes problem:

My wireless lan adapter is unable to get ip address from the dhcp server
after I install Nmap 7.30 and npcap 0.10 r2 with following setup:

​

I tried to run DiagReport.bat but I some policy is deniening execution. I
have not figured out how to fix this:

c:\Program Files\Npcap>DiagReport.bat
Set-ExecutionPolicy : Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy
successfully, but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more
spec
ific scope.  Due to the override, your shell will retain its current
effective execution policy of "AllSigned". Type "Get-ExecutionPolicy -List"
to v
iew your execution policy settings. For more information, please see
"Get-Help Set-ExecutionPolicy."
At line:1 char:20
+ Set-ExecutionPolicy <<<<  0
    + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (:) [Set-ExecutionPolicy],
SecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :
ExecutionPolicyOverride,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetExecutionPolicyCommand

npcap install.log attached if it helps anything.