Nmap Development mailing list archives

How to correctly reply to the Nmap-dev list?

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:44:07 +0800

Hi list,

I found all replies to my mail don't show up by showing

   - *Message not available*

in the list archieve like here:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2016/q3/index.html.

This is because when I reply to a mail sent through the Nmap-dev list, the
receiver private mail is the "To" address, and the Nmap-dev list is the
"Copy" address. It's not problematic at my side because I copied my reply
to the list. But it then goes wrong when the other side tries to reply to
my mail. Because I also replies to his private address, when he replied to
me, he just intends to reply to my private address without sending/copying
it to the Nmap-dev list.

His behavior is triggered by me. Because he probably just clicked "Reply"
in his client, and the mail only replied to the "From" instead of the
previous mail's "Copy".

I'm using Gmail web at Chrome browser on Windows 10. When I see a post from
Nmap-dev list, and click "Reply" button, the "To" address in the new mail
is his private mail, like the following picture.

[image: Inline image 1]

If I click "Reply to all" button, then the "To" is his private mail, and
"Cc" is the Nmap-dev list. This causes that his new reply to me will send
to myself instead of the list. Like the following picture

[image: Inline image 2]

So what's the correct way to reply to Nmap-dev list using Gmail? Is this
the configuration problem in our mail server or just at my side?

BTW, I found that Wireshark-dev list has no this problem. Because Gmail
gives me only one option "Reply". And after I click it, the "To" address is
the mailing list address instead of the person's private address. Like the
following picture:

[image: Inline image 3]

If it concerns anybody, the Wireshark list is used in another Gmail account
of mine other than the this one. But I'm using the same Chrome on the same
Windows machine, just in another tab of Chrome.

Cheers,
Yang