Nmap Development mailing list archives

Doubt about nmap -sP

From: Sundhar <sundhar.i14 () iiits in>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:33:47 +0530

hi all,
             I am new to nmap. I faced a problem while learning, I scanned
my home network with nmap -sP 192.168.225.1/24 the result included my
laptop and the gateway but it did not contain my two android phones.so, I
performed the scan again. This time the result  included all the devices.
After seeing this I tried scanning for few more times and I realized that
sometimes the scan is listing all devices and sometimes it isn't. (did not
contain the 2 android phones). can anyone tell me what might be the reason?

Thanks